March 27, 2011, 1:43 pm
I have made a list of hurdles that I had to overcome during the 6 years with my cancer. I plan to make a series of articles about these hurdles. If YOU have any suggestions about the order in which I should start, please let me know.
The list of hurdles (articles with links are already written):
- Communication. How to tell my family, my colleagues and friends, that I had cancer.
- Ability to adjust. How to deal with my physical disabilities, such as colostomy, paralysis, etc.
- Preparing for chemotherapies and dealing with side effects.
- Preparing for surgeries and recoveries.
- Dealing with radiation treatments.
- My experiences with incontinence and how I dealt with it.
- My experience with multiple menopauses caused by my treatments.
- Handling pain.
- Handling infection risk.
- Managing relationships to doctors and other medical staff and health-care professionals.
- Managing relationships in general.
- Dealing with anxiety. Is there a way to prevent the anxiety?
- What ifs. My way to deal with “What ifs”?
- How to deal with the sense of dependency on others?
- How to find motivation to continue with the fight?
Would you like to add a topic? Do not hesitate.
Share this post
Join the forum discussion on this post